Grilled Corn Pasta SaladPosted: July 8, 2012
Happy super-hot-and-sunny Sunday, folks!
I made a pasta salad side for dinner tonight that I’m pretty excited about. It’s beautiful, colorful, and flavorful.
The recipe came from the USA-Today-type-foodie flyer we get in our local newspaper each week. It’s Dash. Like the New Girl theme song….it’s Jess. Tonight’s inspiration is Dash. They do have some great ideas.
I’m sorry if that was an obscure reference.
As with most recipes, I had some improvisation.
- No broccoli in the house, so frozen peas instead.
- No tricolor pasta – we had whole wheat rotini in the pantry.
- No olives – no no no. (We are not an olive family.)
- We didn’t have any white wine vinaigrette, so I used a combination of EV olive oil and white wine vinegar.
- No salt, just a liberal helping of black pepper.
Here we go.
So I set them a little on fire….
I mixed up the pasta and veggies….the Parmesan goes on top:
Buon appetit – a perfect pasta salad on a hot summer night!